Thank you Brandi Hymel for providing these three COVID-19 health insurance facts everyone should know. If you have any questions, visit her website to book a free 15 – 30 minute call or call her directly at 864.380.3916.
For anyone who is uninsured in SC:
There are several short term health plans available for immediate enrollment. These plans will cover COVID-19 claims.
- Many carriers are waiving cost-share and co-patient in-hospital stays.
- Many carriers are not implementing scheduled rate increases.
- Many carriers are providing additional services and resources, such as meal delivery, providing rides, additional funds on the over the counter benefits. Check with your carrier to see details.
Small and large group plans:
- Many carriers are waiving cost share and co-pays for COVID-19 diagnosis and treatment.
- Many plans are working with Tele-doc services to provide no cost virtual visits, including mental health services.
- Many carriers are allowing a special enrollment for uninsured employees to elect in for coverage, for the employee and any dependants.
Brandi says that additional resources can be found on each carrier’s website, through your member portals, or through your broker. Premier Benefits Partners is a proud Elite Sponsor of i4Series.